The Good Reader Blog

The Good Reader Blog
Source of the painting - Couch on the Porch, Cos Cob, Frederick Childe Hassam, 1914

Thursday, March 31, 2022

Book Review: Past Tense by Lee Child (Jack Reacher #23)

Past Tense Past Tense by Lee Child
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

#23 in the Jack Reacher series, and I'm working my way through them in order. This book has dual story lines - Reacher stopping in a small New Hampshire town to find out more about where his father grew up, and a young Canadian couple with car trouble who take refuge at a remote motel. The chapters alternate between the two story lines, eventually converging when Reacher comes to the rescue. It's a real page-turner, but I turned the pages quickly yet cautiously -- I didn't want to find out what the young couple was facing, but I couldn't wait to find out! Of course, Reacher ran into a few characters along the way who needed a lesson, as usual. All in all, another Reacher tale which doesn't disappoint.

View all my reviews

Book Review: The Secret by Lee Child (Jack Reacher #28)

The Secret by Lee Child My rating: 4 of 5 stars Jack Reacher is back and assigned to the task for...