The Good Reader Blog

The Good Reader Blog
Source of the painting - Couch on the Porch, Cos Cob, Frederick Childe Hassam, 1914

Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Book Review: The Body in the Library by Agatha Christie (Miss Marple)

The Body in the Library

The Body in the Library by Agatha Christie
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Miss Marple is at it again, solving crimes in the English countryside.  This time the dead body shows up in the library of a neighboring estate.  Who is the girl?  How did she get there?  Who murdered her?  Miss Marple gets to the bottom of the crimes (2!) in short order.  I love the British setting and sense of place and entitlement.  Who wouldn't want to live during this era?  I have read quite a few of Agatha Christie's books, but have yet to solve one of them before the answer is divulged.  That won't keep me from trying in the future though.

Read more of my reviews at https://thegoodreader13.blogspot.com/.

View all my reviews

Book Review: Things You Save in a Fire by Katherine Center

Things You Save in a Fire by Katherine Center My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this book for my summer boo...