The Good Reader Blog

The Good Reader Blog
Source of the painting - Couch on the Porch, Cos Cob, Frederick Childe Hassam, 1914

Sunday, August 13, 2023

Book Review: Better off Dead by Lee Child and Andrew Child (Jack Reacher #26)

Better off Dead

Better off Dead by Lee Child
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

A small rural town.  A gang of bad guys involved in nefarious activities.  A woman in a troubling situation.  Enter Jack Reacher to save the day....

The scenario of this #26 Jack Reacher book is very similar to most of the others.  This is the second book written jointly by Lee and Andrew Child, and I have to admit that I'm not as thrilled with his recent books.  The plot was muddied, rambling, and difficult to follow at times.  It didn't have the page-turning quality that his previous books have had.  Don't get me wrong...I will continue to read the Reacher series (one already published and one to be published later this year) and hope that they improve.  

In the interim, I'm really looking forward to Reacher Season 2 starring Alan Ritchson on Prime Video.  It is based on Bad Luck and Trouble, and will be available in December 2023! 

Read more of my reviews at https://thegoodreader13.blogspot.com/.

View all my reviews

Book Review: The Secret by Lee Child (Jack Reacher #28)

The Secret by Lee Child My rating: 4 of 5 stars Jack Reacher is back and assigned to the task for...