The Good Reader Blog

The Good Reader Blog
Source of the painting - Couch on the Porch, Cos Cob, Frederick Childe Hassam, 1914

Sunday, July 30, 2023

Book Review: Deus X by Stephen Mack Jones (August Snow #4)

Deus X

Deus X by Stephen Mack Jones
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is Stephen Mack Jones' fourth book in the August Snow series, which are all set in Detroit.  I have seen this author at local book festivals and have been a fan ever since the first book.  I always feel like an insider picking out the metropolitan Detroit locales.  This book is quite a page-turner, focusing on mysterious circumstances within Catholic church.  Needless to say, August gets involved to right the wrongs brought upon innocent people.  We have many of the wonderful characters from the previous books, plus some new ones.  I highly recommend this book (and the other three books in the August Snow series) -- great fast-paced adventure!  I received this book as an advance reader copy from NetGalley and appreciate the opportunity to read it prior to it's November 7, 2023 publication date. 

Read more of my reviews at https://thegoodreader13.blogspot.com/.

View all my reviews

Book Review: Things You Save in a Fire by Katherine Center

Things You Save in a Fire by Katherine Center My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this book for my summer boo...