The Good Reader Blog

The Good Reader Blog
Source of the painting - Couch on the Porch, Cos Cob, Frederick Childe Hassam, 1914

Friday, July 7, 2023

Book Review: Meal Prep Magic: Time-Saving Tricks for Stress-Free Cooking, A Weelicious Cookbook by Catherine McCord

Meal Prep Magic: Time-Saving Tricks for Stress-Free Cooking, A Weelicious Cookbook

Meal Prep Magic: Time-Saving Tricks for Stress-Free Cooking, A Weelicious Cookbook by Catherine McCord
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I downloaded this book from my local library and read it in Hoopla while on vacation.  It was a quick read with a lot of practical information on meal planning, food storage, kitchen organization, etc.  I think a beginning cook would benefit immensely from this book.  Lots of recipes included which have straightforward ingredients and instructions. 

Lots of pretty pictures too, but to be honest I don't have the time to arrange my pantry, refrigerator and freezer by color and put everything in matching containers!  She also advocates keeping things in glass containers in the frig, which I think is a great suggestion but I can foresee what would happen if I did this in my house.  "Clean up on Aisle 3!!"  She also plans all of her meals a month at a time.  Then every Sunday she cleans out the frig, grocery shops, preps all the ingredients, makes chicken stock, roasts vegetables, steams rice, and cooks chicken breasts.  I'm exhausted just thinking about doing all that on one day!

Lots of great suggestions, but not all of them will work for everyone.  I'm sure that we can all glean some helpful hints from this book. 

Read more of my reviews at https://thegoodreader13.blogspot.com/.

View all my reviews

Book Review: The Secret by Lee Child (Jack Reacher #28)

The Secret by Lee Child My rating: 4 of 5 stars Jack Reacher is back and assigned to the task for...