The Good Reader Blog

The Good Reader Blog
Source of the painting - Couch on the Porch, Cos Cob, Frederick Childe Hassam, 1914

Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Book Review: Belong to Me by Marisa de los Santos (Love Walked In #2)

Belong to Me Belong to Me by Marisa de los Santos
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I absolutely love the fact that my final book of 2023 is another 5-star book!  This is the second book in Marisa de los Santos' "Love Walked In" series; I read the first one a couple of years ago.

Some of the same characters are included in this book, plus several new ones.  The plot revolves around Cornelia, who has moved to suburban Philadelphia with her husband, Teo.  After a few false starts, she makes friends with her neighbor, Piper.  She also meets Lake in the grocery and they immediately connect.  Not everything is going smoothly for these women; they are each having a challenging year for a variety of reasons.  I laughed, I cried, and I couldn't stop reading the book.  

De los Santos' writing is incredible -- sharp, witty dialog; elaborate descriptions; wonderful language.  I'm definitely looking forward to reading more by this talented author!

Read more of my reviews at https://thegoodreader13.blogspot.com/.

View all my reviews

Book Review: The Secret by Lee Child (Jack Reacher #28)

The Secret by Lee Child My rating: 4 of 5 stars Jack Reacher is back and assigned to the task for...