The Good Reader Blog

The Good Reader Blog
Source of the painting - Couch on the Porch, Cos Cob, Frederick Childe Hassam, 1914

Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Book Review: Sea of Tranquility by Emily St. John Mandel

Sea of Tranquility Sea of Tranquility by Emily St. John Mandel
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is an incredible book, told in a fascinating way.  I finished it three weeks ago, and I'm *still* thinking about it!  There are four different points of time in this novel ranging from 1912 to 2203, encompassing different characters, locations, and points of view.  And interestingly enough, some of the characters are woven into multiple time frames.  The author has a way with language, and the reader is quietly drawn into each of the worlds. 

I read The Glass Hotel by this author last year, and was delightfully surprised to find a couple of the characters and story lines from that book appearing in this book!  And to be honest, I think I should re-read Sea of Tranquility now that I know and understand the time structure.  

Read more of my reviews at https://thegoodreader13.blogspot.com/.

View all my reviews

Book Review: The Secret by Lee Child (Jack Reacher #28)

The Secret by Lee Child My rating: 4 of 5 stars Jack Reacher is back and assigned to the task for...