The Good Reader Blog

The Good Reader Blog
Source of the painting - Couch on the Porch, Cos Cob, Frederick Childe Hassam, 1914

Saturday, January 7, 2023

Book Review: Mad Honey by Jodi Picoult and Jennifer Finney Boylan

Mad Honey Mad Honey by Jodi Picoult
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The story is alternately told from the two main characters' points of view - Olivia and Lily.  Olivia and her high school son Asher have moved to New Hampshire to leave an abusive marriage.  Lily meets Asher soon after she moves and starts in her new school, and they quickly start dating.    One of the stories goes forward in time, while the other goes backwards in time.  I usually don't like non-linear storytelling, but this one worked for me.  This book drew me in to the point that I couldn't put it down.  This book was enlightening and informative on so many different levels.  This is the second of Jodi Picoult's books that I've read, but I'll definitely be exploring her backlist in the near future.  Note:  Readers should be aware that there are plenty of story lines in this book which should come with content warnings. 

View all my reviews

Book Review: The Secret by Lee Child (Jack Reacher #28)

The Secret by Lee Child My rating: 4 of 5 stars Jack Reacher is back and assigned to the task for...