The Good Reader Blog

The Good Reader Blog
Source of the painting - Couch on the Porch, Cos Cob, Frederick Childe Hassam, 1914

Sunday, January 1, 2023

Book Review: Winter Solstice by Elin Hilderbrand

Winter Solstice Winter Solstice by Elin Hilderbrand
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The 4th and final installment in Elin Hilderbrand's Winter Street series.  Once again we follow the Quinn family, but this book differs from the other three in the series.  Rather than just spotlighting the Christmas season, we see the various family members throughout the year.  There are ups and downs, laughter and sorrow, but as we have come to expect, the family saga ends on a hopeful note.  It's always great to read a Christmas book in December and I was pleasantly surprised to discover this series.  I finished all four books during this holiday season, and would highly recommend them. 

View all my reviews

Book Review: Things You Save in a Fire by Katherine Center

Things You Save in a Fire by Katherine Center My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this book for my summer boo...