The Good Reader Blog

The Good Reader Blog
Source of the painting - Couch on the Porch, Cos Cob, Frederick Childe Hassam, 1914

Saturday, August 20, 2022

Book Review: The Eighth Life by Nino Haratischwili

The Eighth Life The Eighth Life by Nino Haratischwili
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I read this book with a summer book club over the course of 2 months. We divided the book into four sections and met every 2-3 weeks to discuss each section. It's not an easy book to read, but the story of five generations of a Russian / Georgian family is very compelling. It is told from the viewpoint of one of the younger family members to the youngest. We learn about their ancestors and much about Russian / Georgian history along the way. Typically I shy away from books more than 500 pages, but I'm glad that I met this challenge and had the book club camaraderie to discuss it along the way.

View all my reviews

Book Review: Things You Save in a Fire by Katherine Center

Things You Save in a Fire by Katherine Center My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this book for my summer boo...