The Good Reader Blog

The Good Reader Blog
Source of the painting - Couch on the Porch, Cos Cob, Frederick Childe Hassam, 1914

Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Book Review: The Social Graces by Renee Rosen

The Social Graces The Social Graces by Renée Rosen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Immerse yourself and be transported to the lavishly wonderful Gilded Age in New York City. This historical fiction follows the high society families and runs from 1876 through 1908. The story focuses on Caroline Astor ("Knickerbocker" Old Money) and Alva Vanderbilt (Nouveau Riche), and includes details of extravagant balls, summers at their Newport "cottages", and life in society. This is the first book that I've ready by Renee Rosen, and it came highly recommended. I will definitely be reading more in the near future!

View all my reviews

Book Review: The Secret by Lee Child (Jack Reacher #28)

The Secret by Lee Child My rating: 4 of 5 stars Jack Reacher is back and assigned to the task for...