The Good Reader Blog

The Good Reader Blog
Source of the painting - Couch on the Porch, Cos Cob, Frederick Childe Hassam, 1914

Saturday, June 18, 2022

Book Review: The Hotel Nantucket by Elin Hilderbrand

The Hotel Nantucket The Hotel Nantucket by Elin Hilderbrand
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The quintessential summer book! Set on Nantucket during the busy summer season, at the recently elaborately renovated Hotel Nantucket. No expense spared; an exquisite guest experience. I got a behind-the-scenes view at what running a hotel entails. There's a historical aspect, with a ghost haunting the hotel due to a chambermaid being killed in a fire 100 years ago. I was a little skeptical about how the ghost would factor into the story, but I ended up liking the way that she was able to further each of the character's story line. I've never been to Nantucket, but I feel like I know the island after reading this wonderful 'sense of place' novel. Overall I highly recommend this book for a page turner summer book!

View all my reviews

Book Review: The Secret by Lee Child (Jack Reacher #28)

The Secret by Lee Child My rating: 4 of 5 stars Jack Reacher is back and assigned to the task for...