The Good Reader Blog

The Good Reader Blog
Source of the painting - Couch on the Porch, Cos Cob, Frederick Childe Hassam, 1914

Friday, March 25, 2022

Book Review: A Study in Scarlet by Arthur Conan Doyle (Sherlock Holmes #1)

A Study in Scarlet A Study in Scarlet by Arthur Conan Doyle
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The first book in the Sherlock Holmes / John Watson series! It was fascinating to find out how they initially met and started living / working together. The story jumps from London in the 1880s to the western United States several decades earlier in order to give the reader the necessary backstory. That portion of the novella was a little too detailed and dusty for me, and I was anxious to get back to the real mystery and action with Holmes and Watson. Overall, a fun read especially since I loved the British Sherlock TV series. Looking forward to reading more of their escapades.

View all my reviews

Book Review: The Secret by Lee Child (Jack Reacher #28)

The Secret by Lee Child My rating: 4 of 5 stars Jack Reacher is back and assigned to the task for...