The Good Reader Blog

The Good Reader Blog
Source of the painting - Couch on the Porch, Cos Cob, Frederick Childe Hassam, 1914

Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Book Review: Triple Cross (Alex Cross series) by James Patterson (Alex Cross #30)

Triple Cross Triple Cross by James Patterson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is #30 in James Patterson's Alex Cross series, and once again he provides the reader with non-stop, page-turning action.  Let's suspend our disbelief as the primary case (the Family Man serial killer) intersects with Brie's investigation into the fashion industry in NYC.  You know that with Alex Cross, John Sampson, and Brie Stone on the job, they will get the bad guys in the end.  But of course it's a roller coaster ride until the last page.  We also get updates on the Cross family - Nana Mama, Jannie and Ali.  I have to admit that I have abandoned many of my favorite long-running mystery series because the writing and the characters just got stale, in my opinion.  That is definitely not the case with the Alex Cross series, and I'll look forward to the next book under my Christmas tree in December!

View all my reviews

Book Review: The Secret by Lee Child (Jack Reacher #28)

The Secret by Lee Child My rating: 4 of 5 stars Jack Reacher is back and assigned to the task for...