The Good Reader Blog

The Good Reader Blog
Source of the painting - Couch on the Porch, Cos Cob, Frederick Childe Hassam, 1914

Thursday, July 20, 2023

Book Review: Drowning by T.J. Newman

Drowning

Drowning by T.J. Newman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

An airplane crashes into the Pacific Ocean just minutes after taking off from Honolulu.  Many of the passengers escape, but a handful are trapped inside as the plane sinks in the ocean.  Thus begins the almost 300 pages of breath-holding, book gripping, hand-sweating excitement of the underwater rescue.  Lots of technical information about deep sea diving, underwater rescues and equipment, but that didn't get in the way of the riveting story.  This was quite a page-turner and I was just disappointed that I didn't have time to read it all in one day!!  This is the second novel by T.J. Newman and I think I enjoyed it even more than the first.  Both are highly recommended, but only if you have time to immerse yourself in the book to the exclusion of everything else in life.

Read more of my reviews at https://thegoodreader13.blogspot.com/.

View all my reviews

Book Review: The Secret by Lee Child (Jack Reacher #28)

The Secret by Lee Child My rating: 4 of 5 stars Jack Reacher is back and assigned to the task for...