The Good Reader Blog

The Good Reader Blog
Source of the painting - Couch on the Porch, Cos Cob, Frederick Childe Hassam, 1914

Thursday, July 20, 2023

Book Review: The Lazy Genius Kitchen: Have What You Need, Use What You Have, and Enjoy It Like Never Before by Kendra Adachi

The Lazy Genius Kitchen: Have What You Need, Use What You Have, and Enjoy It Like Never Before

The Lazy Genius Kitchen: Have What You Need, Use What You Have, and Enjoy It Like Never Before by Kendra Adachi
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Kendra Adachi writes a very supportive and informative book for those individuals who are just starting out in the kitchen -- who don't like to cook, don't want to cook, don't know how to select a recipe, or don't know what to do in the kitchen.  She covers everything from kitchen equipment, how to grocery shop, how to organize your kitchen, what to make, and how everything fits into your family's priorities.  I did appreciate her 13 Lazy Genius Principles which are guidelines for really anything, not just cooking (#1 - Decide Once; #2 - Start Small, etc.).  I gave the book three stars because it didn't speak to me in this season of my life.  I've been cooking for my family for years and definitely could have used this 25-30 years ago!

Read more of my reviews at https://thegoodreader13.blogspot.com/.

View all my reviews

Book Review: Things You Save in a Fire by Katherine Center

Things You Save in a Fire by Katherine Center My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this book for my summer boo...