The Good Reader Blog

The Good Reader Blog
Source of the painting - Couch on the Porch, Cos Cob, Frederick Childe Hassam, 1914

Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Book Review: Happy Bonsai: Choose It, Shape It, Love It by Michael Tran

Happy Bonsai: Choose It, Shape It, Love It

Happy Bonsai: Choose It, Shape It, Love It by Michael Tran
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is an incredible book, packed full of everything you need to know about growing bonsai.  It's published by DK so you know it's going to be well laid out and have wonderful photos and illustrations.  I checked this book out of the library right after I went to a Bonsai show.  I was so impressed with the plants and wanted to know more about the 'care and feeding' involved.  After reading the book, I realize that there is no way that I will ever be able to care for a bonsai plant.  In fact the one that I bought at my local nursery lasted only about 3 months before it started looking so sad and dry.  I will stick to appreciating bonsai at the local botanical gardens instead.  But I would highly recommend this book for anyone who wants to try their hand at raising bonsai.

Read more of my reviews at https://thegoodreader13.blogspot.com/.

View all my reviews

Book Review: The Secret by Lee Child (Jack Reacher #28)

The Secret by Lee Child My rating: 4 of 5 stars Jack Reacher is back and assigned to the task for...