The Good Reader Blog

The Good Reader Blog
Source of the painting - Couch on the Porch, Cos Cob, Frederick Childe Hassam, 1914

Thursday, October 5, 2023

Book Review: Julia's Kitchen Wisdom: Essential Techniques and Recipes from a Lifetime of Cooking by Julia Child

Julia's Kitchen Wisdom: Essential Techniques and Recipes from a Lifetime of Cooking

Julia's Kitchen Wisdom: Essential Techniques and Recipes from a Lifetime of Cooking by Julia Child
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I wanted to read this book after I went to the Julia Child exhibit at my local museum; this is one of the books that was recommended.  I downloaded the Kindle version from my library, which is the only format that they had.  This is a wonderful book to have as a reference in your kitchen.  However, you would definitely want to have it in print instead of electronic.  It's a short book (144 pages) but packed FULL of everything you need to know about cooking almost anything and everything -- techniques, oven temperatures, length of cooking time, etc.  It's not really for the beginning cook because it doesn't give much detail, but I would highly recommend it for someone who has been cooking for awhile and just wants quick reminders about techniques.  I'm definitely going to look for it the next time I'm in a bookstore.

Read more of my reviews at https://thegoodreader13.blogspot.com/.

View all my reviews

Book Review: The Secret by Lee Child (Jack Reacher #28)

The Secret by Lee Child My rating: 4 of 5 stars Jack Reacher is back and assigned to the task for...