The Good Reader Blog

The Good Reader Blog
Source of the painting - Couch on the Porch, Cos Cob, Frederick Childe Hassam, 1914

Monday, February 19, 2024

Book Review: Alex Cross Must Die by James Patterson (#32 Alex Cross)

Alex Cross Must Die Alex Cross Must Die by James Patterson
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I'm very disappointed in this latest entry in the Alex Cross series (#32). There is WAY too much going on with four different story lines -- two for Alex and John Sampson, and two for Bree. There's a serial killer on the loose, a plane has been shot out of the sky, there's a missing CEO, and a missing college friend of Jannie's.

The chapters alternate between the various mysteries, and we all know that the Patterson chapters are extremely short. We only get a brief glimpse deeper into one of the story line when ...WHOOPS....we are thrown into another brief update on a different story line. It is so jumbled together that after the first 50 pages, I was ready to give up. I ended up skimming the rest of the book but it was so unsatisfying compared to many of his others.

I will seriously think twice (or three times!) before I attempt to read #33 in the Alex Cross series! I am shocked that this book received a Goodreads score of 4.31 (out of 5) with 11,143 ratings!!

Read more of my reviews at https://thegoodreader13.blogspot.com/.

View all my reviews

Book Review: The Secret by Lee Child (Jack Reacher #28)

The Secret by Lee Child My rating: 4 of 5 stars Jack Reacher is back and assigned to the task for...