The Good Reader Blog

The Good Reader Blog
Source of the painting - Couch on the Porch, Cos Cob, Frederick Childe Hassam, 1914

Sunday, February 25, 2024

Book Review: Stories from the sidewalk: a walk through 137 years that shaped dearborn by The Museum Guild of Dearborn

Stories from the sidewalk: a walk through 137 years that shaped dearborn Stories from the sidewalk: a walk through 137 years that shaped dearborn by Christopher Merlo
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is a beautiful coffee table book which describes many of the original historical houses in Dearborn, Michigan.  The houses are primarily those in West Dearborn, just north of Michigan Avenue and beyond the Rouge River.  Each page contains a current glossy photo of the house with information about when it was built, the architect, the year it was built and background information on the original and subsequent homeowners.  Fascinating reading for any Dearborn resident!!

Read more of my reviews at https://thegoodreader13.blogspot.com/.

View all my reviews

Book Review: Things You Save in a Fire by Katherine Center

Things You Save in a Fire by Katherine Center My rating: 4 of 5 stars I read this book for my summer boo...