The Good Reader Blog

The Good Reader Blog
Source of the painting - Couch on the Porch, Cos Cob, Frederick Childe Hassam, 1914

Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Book Review: Nightwatching by Tracy Sierra

Nightwatching Nightwatching by Tracy Sierra
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

WOW! What a page turner! Jimmy Fallon's audience voted during his March Madness Sweet Sixteen book club bracket and selected this thriller as his Spring Book Club selection. I was surprised to be able to get it from my local library immediately, so I dug right in. I just couldn't put it down, but I also had to be careful not to read it too late at night. I'm a real sissy when it comes to thrillers, women/children in danger, haunted houses and unexplained noises.

The first sentence in the book caught my interest immediately - "There was someone in the house." My heart was beating rapidly every minute I read this book. I couldn't read it fast enough. I broke my rule to stay up late in order to finish it. And it was worth it! (And I didn't have any bad dreams....)

This book has all the thriller tropes: a mother trying to protect her children from an intruder, alone in the house, having to leave the children in order to get help, an unreliable narrator, people in power not believing her story, etc. But Tracy Sierra makes it all work! I don't want to go into too much detail because I want readers to approach the book with the same clean slate I had. You are going to love it!

Read more of my reviews at https://thegoodreader13.blogspot.com/.

View all my reviews

Book Review: The Secret by Lee Child (Jack Reacher #28)

The Secret by Lee Child My rating: 4 of 5 stars Jack Reacher is back and assigned to the task for...