The Good Reader Blog

The Good Reader Blog
Source of the painting - Couch on the Porch, Cos Cob, Frederick Childe Hassam, 1914

Friday, June 28, 2024

Book Review: Meet Me In London by Georgia Toffolo

Meet Me In London Meet Me In London by Georgia Toffolo
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Christmas in July!  I have been reading a lot of intense books for various book clubs, and decided that I needed something light and fluffy to read as a palate cleanser.  This book really fit the bill!

Oliver is the heir apparent to a department store chain and is busy getting a new store ready to open in the Chelsea district of London.  Victoria is a clothing designer who also works in a bar next to the department store.  They meet cute and Oliver asks her to pose as his fiance during the opening of the store in order to placate his meddling and inquisitive parents.  There is quite a bit of chemistry between the two and you can predict what happens next.  

It's a quick read and a wonderful story.  I think I would have enjoyed it even more if I read it in December.  However, it did provide a break from the 95 degree weather we've been having lately!

Thanks to NetGalley for the advanced reader copy.

Read more of my reviews at https://thegoodreader13.blogspot.com/.



View all my reviews

Book Review: The Secret by Lee Child (Jack Reacher #28)

The Secret by Lee Child My rating: 4 of 5 stars Jack Reacher is back and assigned to the task for...