The Good Reader Blog

The Good Reader Blog
Source of the painting - Couch on the Porch, Cos Cob, Frederick Childe Hassam, 1914

Sunday, August 18, 2024

Book Review: True Gretch: What I've Learned About Life, Leadership, and Everything in Between by Gretchen Whitmer

True Gretch: What I've Learned About Life, Leadership, and Everything in Between True Gretch: What I've Learned About Life, Leadership, and Everything in Between by Gretchen Whitmer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A very inspirational book written by an incredible leader; Gretchen Whitmer is currently the Michigan governor.   She was brought into the national public spotlight first by Trump during the pandemic when he referred to her as "that woman from Michigan," and more recently as a possible running mate for Kamala Harris. 

This book was just published last month (July 2024) and covers most of her life, focusing on her time as governor.  She has a true sense of humor which really comes through in her writing.  It's a quick read (160 pages), but is packed with lots of personal experiences and great advice.  Highly recommended!!

I have an autographed copy of this book courtesy of Literati Bookstore in Ann Arbor.  And it's signed with her signature color -- fuschia!!  

Read more of my reviews at https://thegoodreader13.blogspot.com/.

View all my reviews

Book Review: The Secret by Lee Child (Jack Reacher #28)

The Secret by Lee Child My rating: 4 of 5 stars Jack Reacher is back and assigned to the task for...