The Good Reader Blog

The Good Reader Blog
Source of the painting - Couch on the Porch, Cos Cob, Frederick Childe Hassam, 1914

Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Book Review: The Secret by Lee Child (Jack Reacher #28)

The Secret The Secret by Lee Child
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Jack Reacher is back and assigned to the task force to determine who is killing all the members of Project 192, which was based at an India chemical plant in 1969.   He's working with individuals from the DOD, FBI, CIA and Treasury.  The year is 1992 and and Reacher is a recently demoted military policeman in the Army.

This is definitely the best Reacher book written since Andrew Child took over writing for Lee Child.  I'm giving it a strong four stars.  My only quibble is the convoluted story line told from multiple points of view for the first 30% of the book.  Reacher doesn't even figure prominently until this point.

Read more of my reviews at https://thegoodreader13.blogspot.com/.

View all my reviews

Book Review: The Secret by Lee Child (Jack Reacher #28)

The Secret by Lee Child My rating: 4 of 5 stars Jack Reacher is back and assigned to the task for...