Around the Table: Tables and Traditions for Gathering by Shea McGeeMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
This is an absolutely beautifully photographed book of menus and tablescapes, arranged by season and holiday. The recipes are included for each of the dinners and celebrations. They all look so elegant but what really stood out for me was the innovative combination of ingredients and the use of what I probably already have in my kitchen, freezer or pantry. No need to scout out and buy obscure items that I will never use again. With just a few exceptions, the recipes and instructions don't take an inordinate amount of time and many can be made ahead of time.
This book is an inspiration for those wanting to entertain more - whether it's complex holiday meals or just a simple pizza party or burger slider gathering in the back yard. Shea McGee is such a wonderful hostess -- please invite me to your next dinner party of any occasion!
I first heard Shea interviewed on Katie Lee Biegel's podcast All On The Table a couple of months ago -
https://overcast.fm/+ABJ62W71YsE
Read more of my reviews at https://thegoodreader13.blogspot.com/.
View all my reviews