The Good Reader Blog

The Good Reader Blog
Source of the painting - Couch on the Porch, Cos Cob, Frederick Childe Hassam, 1914

Saturday, March 4, 2023

Book Review: Dead Lions by Mick Herron (Slough House #2)

Dead Lions

Dead Lions by Mick Herron
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Book #2 in the Slough House / Slow Horses series.  Jackson Lamb and his team of the Slow Horses is pulled into solving the murder of one of their own.  The book is fast paced, and moves from team to team, following them during the 24 hours of the novel.  Pay attention, reader -- there are lots twists and turns in the plot, plus many characters to keep track of.  And of course the dark humor which runs throughout the book.  It helped that I was reading the Kindle version so I could look up the many British slang terms that were used.  Looking forward to reading the next book in the series.  

Read more of my reviews at https://thegoodreader13.blogspot.com/.

View all my reviews

Book Review: The Secret by Lee Child (Jack Reacher #28)

The Secret by Lee Child My rating: 4 of 5 stars Jack Reacher is back and assigned to the task for...