The Good Reader Blog

The Good Reader Blog
Source of the painting - Couch on the Porch, Cos Cob, Frederick Childe Hassam, 1914

Friday, April 21, 2023

Book Review: Better Than Before: Mastering the Habits of Our Everyday Lives by Gretchen Rubin

Better Than Before: Mastering the Habits of Our Everyday Lives

Better Than Before: Mastering the Habits of Our Everyday Lives by Gretchen Rubin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm a big fan of Gretchen Rubin -- both her podcast and her books.  I re-read this book (yet again) starting on January 1st of 2023...to become better than before...again.  It's packed full with ideas, suggestions, examples and motivations on how to change your personal habits.  As an Obliger (one of her four tendencies described in the book), I'm all about fulfilling obligations to others.  I gained a lot of great information on this second reading, and it reminded me of many things that I have read previously but forgotten.  All in all, a good start-of-the-year exercise in self-improvement.  More to follow.

Read more of my reviews at https://thegoodreader13.blogspot.com/.

View all my reviews

Book Review: The Secret by Lee Child (Jack Reacher #28)

The Secret by Lee Child My rating: 4 of 5 stars Jack Reacher is back and assigned to the task for...