The Good Reader Blog

The Good Reader Blog
Source of the painting - Couch on the Porch, Cos Cob, Frederick Childe Hassam, 1914

Thursday, April 13, 2023

Book Review: Transfer of Power by Vince Flynn (Mitch Rapp #3)

Transfer of Power

Transfer of Power by Vince Flynn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Another page-turning political thriller in the Mitch Rapp series of books.  A group of terrorists have accessed the interior of the White House, murdered many of those working there, and taken the rest as hostages.  The President, along some of his staff and secret service personnel made it safely to his White House bunker in the nick of time.  Mitch is state-side and is immediately summoned by the Joint Chief of Staff, along with the head of the CIA to stealthily infiltrate the White House.  I didn't want to put it down; the suspense kept me going until the end.  My only quibble with the book is a minor one -- the main character is Mitch; his side-kick in the White House is Milt; and there is also a Mick and Mike among the minor characters.  

Read more of my reviews at https://thegoodreader13.blogspot.com/.

View all my reviews

Book Review: The Secret by Lee Child (Jack Reacher #28)

The Secret by Lee Child My rating: 4 of 5 stars Jack Reacher is back and assigned to the task for...