The Good Reader Blog

The Good Reader Blog
Source of the painting - Couch on the Porch, Cos Cob, Frederick Childe Hassam, 1914

Sunday, March 31, 2024

Book Review: The Goodbye Man by Jeffery Deaver (Colter Shaw #2)

The Goodbye Man The Goodbye Man by Jeffery Deaver
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It's very rare that I finish one book in a series and go right into the next book in that same series.  I usually like to leave several months between series books.  However, the first Colter Shaw book was so compelling that I put the second one on hold at the library and started reading it immediately.

Shaw goes to Washington State in order to investigate a hate crime and the two young men charged.  From there he discovers a cult which is supposed to be a type of inpatient grief support and counseling organization.  He uncovers incredible criminal activity on the part of the founder and employees, along with the duping of the grief-stricken residents.  After breaking up the organization and handing evidence over to the authorities, he goes back to Echo Ridge, his family's mountainous homestead in order to further track information left by his father.

Once again, we are left with a cliffhanger, so I assume that I'll be heading back to the library to get book #3 in the series!

Read more of my reviews at https://thegoodreader13.blogspot.com/.

View all my reviews

Book Review: The Secret by Lee Child (Jack Reacher #28)

The Secret by Lee Child My rating: 4 of 5 stars Jack Reacher is back and assigned to the task for...