The Good Reader Blog

The Good Reader Blog
Source of the painting - Couch on the Porch, Cos Cob, Frederick Childe Hassam, 1914

Monday, June 3, 2024

Book Review: The Man Who Died Twice by Richard Osman (Thursday Murder Club #2)

The Man Who Died Twice The Man Who Died Twice by Richard Osman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The second book in this series is even more compelling than the first!  Elizabeth, Ron, Joyce and Ibrahim once again band together and face danger from multiple sources.  However, their creativity, resourcefulness, and experience save the day. 

I absolutely love these characters and the dialog -- I often find myself laughing out loud while reading this series.  Ron's visiting grandson, Kendrick, is a precocious 8-year old who plays a very important role in solving one of the mysteries.  I hope to see more of him in upcoming books.

As in the first book in the series, there are quite a few characters coming and going, both primary and peripheral.  Pay attention and read carefully or you'll need to go back and re-read sections.  

I'm looking forward to reading #3 in the this series!

Read more of my reviews at https://thegoodreader13.blogspot.com/.

View all my reviews

Book Review: The Secret by Lee Child (Jack Reacher #28)

The Secret by Lee Child My rating: 4 of 5 stars Jack Reacher is back and assigned to the task for...