The Good Reader Blog

The Good Reader Blog
Source of the painting - Couch on the Porch, Cos Cob, Frederick Childe Hassam, 1914

Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Book Review: Funny Story by Emily Henry

Funny Story Funny Story by Emily Henry
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Full disclosure -- I love Emily Henry's books.  She always manages to come up with very interesting and unique situations, to write believable characters, to have them encounter plausible obstacles, and most of all write incredible dialog!  I just immerse myself into the world in each of her books, wanting to be friends with her characters.

Funny Story has everything in my personal reading wheelhouse:  a children's librarian, set in Traverse City, Michigan, wine, books, and reading!  Daphne is the children's librarian who moved to northern Michigan with her fiance, whose family lives there.  At his bachelor party he realizes that he is in love with his childhood platonic friend and breaks up with Daphne.  In a twist of fate, she moves in with Miles, the ex-boyfriend of said childhood friend who needs a new roommate.  Daphne is an introvert trying to make her way in a relatively new town where all of her friends were actually her fiance's friends.  Miles serves as an unofficial area tour guide, and you can predict what happens next.

I just need Emily Henry to write faster!  It's difficult to wait for her next book.  However, it's gratifying to know that three of her books are in the process of being made into movies!  I can't wait!
https://www.today.com/popculture/books/emily-henry-movie-adaptations-rcna78519

Read more of my reviews at https://thegoodreader13.blogspot.com/.

View all my reviews

Book Review: The Secret by Lee Child (Jack Reacher #28)

The Secret by Lee Child My rating: 4 of 5 stars Jack Reacher is back and assigned to the task for...