The Good Reader Blog

The Good Reader Blog
Source of the painting - Couch on the Porch, Cos Cob, Frederick Childe Hassam, 1914

Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Book Review: Home is Where the Eggs Are by Molly Yeh

Home is Where the Eggs Are Home is Where the Eggs Are by Molly Yeh

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a delightful cookbook to read.  Molly Yeh's recipe notes are much more lengthy than any other cookbook, and her writing is charming and familiar.  She has a way of transporting you to her kitchen with her food descriptions.  I love the way that she involves her daughter Bernie in all the food prep and cooking.  I also appreciate the fact that she occasionally can't find the necessary ingredients at her local Midwestern grocery and gives the reader alternatives.  I'm not sure that I will be making any of the recipes, but that didn't stop me from the enjoyment of reading her cookbook. 

View all my reviews

Book Review: The Secret by Lee Child (Jack Reacher #28)

The Secret by Lee Child My rating: 4 of 5 stars Jack Reacher is back and assigned to the task for...