The Good Reader Blog

The Good Reader Blog
Source of the painting - Couch on the Porch, Cos Cob, Frederick Childe Hassam, 1914

Friday, November 4, 2022

Book Review: I Know How She Does It: How Successful Women Make the Most of Their Time by Laura Vanderkam

I Know How She Does It: How Successful Women Make the Most of Their Time I Know How She Does It: How Successful Women Make the Most of Their Time by Laura Vanderkam
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The focus of Vanderkam's book is her research with 'successful women' -- who make more than $100,000 and have at least one child. I was expecting more practical advice about prioritizing my time and getting more accomplished, but it was focused quite a bit on analyzing the various time logs submitted by these various women. As a semi-retired empty-nester, most of this doesn't apply to me. The last chapter does give some excellent tips about finding more leisure time for yourself. I should probably try to read one of her other books instead.

View all my reviews

Book Review: The Secret by Lee Child (Jack Reacher #28)

The Secret by Lee Child My rating: 4 of 5 stars Jack Reacher is back and assigned to the task for...